Contributors

flickrgirlmap.jpgTeachers from throughout the world are contributing content to this blog and encouraging students to join in the conversation.  Meet them here!

Anne Mirtschin – Victoria, Australia 

Hi we are grade 4s, or Techno4s our computer name, from Hawkesdale P12 College, Victoria, Australia. Our school is set in a small rural town in south western Victoria, 30 minutes from the coast. Hawkesdale only has approximately 120 people living there and our school has 250 students ranging in age from 5 to 18 years of age (prep to year 12). Our class is combined with grade 5s and we will total approximately 25 for 2008. Our new school year starts on Jan 30th. Over Christmas, we have our summer holidays for 5 weeks. Most of the students in our class live on farms or in small country towns. Our students rarely travel overseas as Australia is a long way from other countries and is a big island in itself.  Last year, we had a webkinz pet called Patch and we had a lot of fun with him, looking after him in his virtual world, keeping journals on him and taking home at night time. We really enjoy working with computers so look forward to working with you on this blog.

Shavon Davis-Louis – Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

I teach fourth grade at the Discovery School at Reeves Rogers in Murfreesboro, TN.
I have 6 years of teaching experience ranging from 1st grade to college and all levels in between. I have degrees in elementary education, instructional technology, and administration and supervision. During the summer you can often find me presenting at technology conferences. I just recently returned to the classroom after two and half years of being an instructional technologist at the Discovery School . My passions, besides my husband and children, are technology and learning. I am a ‘life time’ student and I am always eager to learn new and exciting things.

The Discovery School is a public school for high achieving students in K – 6 grade. The 2007-2008 academic year marks the third year of The Discovery School’s existence. It is also a school with a 1-to-1 Apple laptop initiative. Students 4th – 6th grade each have of a MacBook  that they are allowed to use at school and home. The school is located in Middle Tennessee. It is moderately small school, with just over 350 students total in the school. Enrichment is provided using the Renzulli School-wide Enrichment Model that was developed at the National Research Center for the Gifted and Talented at the University of Connecticut. Can’t wait to get to know each of you!

One thought on “Contributors