Celebrating Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday

Making the pancakes

Sprinkling the pancakes with sugar

Yesterday, was Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day in Australia. This marks the beginning of the Lenten season in the Christian world. As usual our students in the primary school levels were busy making pancakes – a happy fun time and then enjoyed eating the results of their hard labour.  Below is a video showing our virtual pet, Patch, enjoying part of the action. The photos above are students in grade 5.  What do you do on Shrove Tuesday?

Download Video: Posted by murch

6 thoughts on “Celebrating Pancake Day or Shrove Tuesday

1. We do not have pancake day but I still love to eat them. I am from TN and we love pancakes. I whish we had a pancake day that is interesting

2. I am P.M from TN. I have never herd of a pancake Tuesday or Shrove Tuesday. Tell Patch not to get too close to the hot pan. Is Pancake Tues. every Tuesday? In TN we never get anything cool like that

P.M

3. Hey,
    We don’t celebrate pancake day at all infact i’ve never heard of it b4!
    I’m from Lisawya67 our school started blogging this year, it’s really fun.
    You should comment on my blog at lisawya67.edublogs.org

bye

4. hey young bloggers… i’m from tasmania.

we dont have a shrove tuesday.. let alone, i’ve never heard of shrove tuesday..

oh and would it be ok, if i can put you on my blogroll for my blog please?

5. I would love to have a pancake day, because pancakes are my favorite breakfast food! You guys are so lucky. Anyway great blog.